1. Need to generate a local public key file from client machine
# ssh-keygen -t dsa
( from client machine)
2. Copy the file to the server
# scp ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub email@example.com:/home/user
3. Login to the server and add the key to authorized_keys file
# cat id_dsa.pub >> .ssh/authorized_keys
4. Delete the original file you copied
# rm -r id_dsa.pub
All done, now just ssh to the server. It will login without the password.
Note : Passwordless authentication is a big security risk.
Running multiple websites on a single server can be done with Apache Virtualhosting.
1. Change the directory to sites-available
2. Create a new file called example.conf
3. Copy and paste this entire code in example.conf Continue reading Apache Virtualhost on Ubuntu
1. Create a swap file.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/swapfile bs=1024 count=4096k
This will create a 4GB of swap file which can be used for 8GB server.
2. Change the file to swap partition.
3. Enable swap
4. Verify swap partition.
NOTE: All the above operations need to be done with a sudo user or by root.
All the operations need to be done as a Zimbra user.
1. Point a domain to an SMTP server
zmprov ms mail.example.com zimbraMtaRelayHost smtp.sendgrid.net
2. Add SMTP authentication for smtp relay server
echo smtp.sendgrid.net username:password > /opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password
3. Export it to postfix
4. Check the credentials are saved properly
postmap -q smtp.sendgrid.net /opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password
5. Setup SASL to use smtp relay authentication Continue reading Zimbra & Sendgrid SMTP Setup